Monday, February 19, 2018

Leadership Summit OT 532

I met with Katherine and Lauren Leiser to discuss our ideas for our group facilitations. I told them my ideas I had so far for activities to do with the group. I explained that I thought about having the group make stress balls or play a game with stress balls as an icebreaker, and then for the main activity having the group write down things that were in there control and things that were out of there control and discuss how to manage stress. Both of them had great suggestions! They both suggested that I start out by asking the group to introduce themselves and state their current stress level and explain why. Lauren said she thought that a questionnaire related to stress may be a good activity to do. Lauren's topic for her group facilitation is health management and maintenance, and she was still tossing around ideas of what to do. I suggested having the group write down health risk behaviors and then identify strategies to avoid those health risk behaviors. Katherine's topic is leisure participation and exploration. She was researching different activities to do, and I tried to help by also searching for leisure activities she could do with her group. For me the most significant aspect of our leadership summit was listening to their suggestions and hearing their different perspectives about how the group could be facilitated. After our meeting, I changed and modified some of my activities to include their suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment